Pages

January 23, 2015

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette Review










Okey, when this palette first came out, I was crazy about it. Couldn't wait to have it, and now I use this palette everyday.
Firstly, the packaging is beautiful. It’s quite similar to the Naked 2 palette. It comes with a large mirror inside the lid of the tin as well as a great quality dual-ended brush, perfect for packing on the colour and blending it out. It also comes with four generous samples of Urban Decay’s primer potion. The shadows are easy to blend and have a beautiful, buttery feel to them. It is, without a doubt, a rose-toned palette so it works best on individuals with a pale complexion.
For everyday use, I use Limit on the base of my lid. I apply a small amount of Dust to the inner corner of my eye and Strange just below the brow. If I’m feeling a little more adventurous, or if I have time in the morning before work, I will apply Trick under my eye to create some definition and Nooner in the crease, blended out.
If I’m going out in the evening and I want to create a smoky eye, I’ll use Liaron the base, Factory in the crease and Mugshot under my eye. I’ll use Dust in the inner corner again and Strange under my brow bone as a highlighter.
Color Descriptions :
  • Strange (pale neutral pink matte-satin) / an absolutely gorgeous color for inner corner of eyes or an eyebrow highlighter. Being matte makes it very appropriate for day time wear. Not chalky at all.
  • Dust (pale metallic pink shimmer w/iridescent micro-glitter) / an iridescent pale pink that looks great as a wash of color on the lids.
  • Burnout (light pinky-peach satin) / a satiny beige pink.
  • Limit (light dusty rose matte) / looove this one for everyday look, I use this one all over the lid.
  • Buzz (metallic rose shimmer w/silver micro-glitter) / almost like a loose mauve pink shimmer.
  • Trick (light metallic pinky-copper shimmer w/tonal micro-sparkle) / a beautiful rose gold shimmer. My fav one for evening.
  • Nooner (medium pinky-brown matte) / a great crease shade.
  • Liar (medium metallic mauve shimmer) / a beautiful iridescent taupe mauve.
  • Factory (pinky-brown satin) / a metallic rose gold brown.
  • Mugshot (metallic taupe shimmer w/slight pink shift) / this reminds me of MAC Satin  Taupe.
  • Darkside (deep taupe-mauve satin) / great for a smokey eye look.
  • Blackheart (smoky black matte w/rosy red micro-sparkle)/ Love this one. A blackish mauve with rose gold sparkles.
I love both of these looks and it’s with such ease that you can create them because everything comes from the one palette. I definitely think that this is a worthy purchase and I have to say, hats off to Urban Decay because their choice of colour and texture of shadows are on point, yet again.

What do you think of this palette? Which is your favourite Naked palette? Or, do you prefer the basics palette?

Nikoleta, xoxo
The Glitter Chic

25 comments:

mintmornings said...

This palette is soo pretty! I'd love to own it but I'm thinking about going with the Make Up Revolution option since it's a lot cheaper.

Mintmornings

http://mintmornings.blogspot.de/

Nikoleta Ljuljduraj said...

Yes, it is! :)
Cheaper option, but I never tried anything from Make Up Revolution, I've heard a lot of good things about this brand.

Nikoleta, xoxo.

Made in Mauve said...

Great review. Love the palette

Made in Mauve

Nikoleta Ljuljduraj said...

Thanks! :)

Elegantly Naked said...

Hey!! I nominated you for the Infinity Dream Award!! xxx

Nikoleta Ljuljduraj said...

Thank you! :)

Nikoleta, xoxo.

Alice Elizabeth said...

Love my naked 3 palette, lovely review x

Alice x
Sheer Beautiful // Bloglovin'

readingthefineprint said...

Moraću da probam ovu paletu, imam Naked 1 i koristim je svaki dan. :)

Nikoleta Ljuljduraj said...

Obavezno! :)

Nikoleta, xoxo.

Ana Céline said...

I absolutely love the Naked 1 & 2 palette so I'm really tempted to try this one too :) I love the lighter shades x

www.anacelinelabod.com

Nikoleta Ljuljduraj said...

Try it, it has very beautiful shades :)

Nikoleta, xoxo.

Nikoleta Ljuljduraj said...

Thank you dear! :)

Nikoleta, xoxo.

Tiff said...

I have the original and this one.. skipped number 2! Although the original will always be my favourite, I do love this palette. I love the pinky toned shades - just stunning and so easy to wear!

http://becomingtiffany.blogspot.co.uk/

Nikoleta Ljuljduraj said...

Yes, I definitely agree with you! :)

Nikoleta, xoxo.

Rebecca said...

I couldn't pick a favourite Naked palette but I love this one, the shades are so beautiful although I mainly use this palette in Spring and Summer :)

Rebecca Coco

Nikoleta Ljuljduraj said...

Me too! Great palette :)

Abbey Wilkinson said...

I've been debating whether or not to get this palette... I might give it a go! :)

Abbey xo | www.absie.co.uk

Beauty Editer said...

So awesome!

xoxo;
BEAUTYEDITER.COM
LIKE BEAUTYEDITER.COM ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW BEAUTYEDITER.COM ON BLOGLOVIN

Nikoleta Ljuljduraj said...

GO girl! :)

Nikoleta, xoxo.

Nikoleta Ljuljduraj said...

Thanks ! :)

Rebecca Lowe said...

This palette is absolutely gorgeous! Exactly what I've been looking for, the warm rose toned shades are amazing.
Thanks :)

Nikoleta Ljuljduraj said...

I agree with you! :)
You're welcome! :)

Nikoleta, xoxo.

Just Britt said...

Oh my gosh I love the Naked 3 Palette! I just got it for Christmas and I adore it!
It's so lovely!
I love your post and hearing what you like to use on a day to day basis!
Limit is one of my favorite shades as well!
Cheers,Britt
www.justbritt.co

Nikoleta Ljuljduraj said...

I love it too!!! :)

Nikoleta, xoxo.

Allthat Shimmers said...

I'm debating to get Naked 3, I have the first two but I'm not sure the pinks will suit me much!


allthatshimmers.co.uk xo